April 12, 2023
Where your journey will take place
The name The White Room is derived from the historical name of the room ‘De Witte Zaal’, the name that was given to the restaurant when it first opened in 1885. The room is listed as a monument and is considered to be the oldest restaurant of Amsterdam in original condition. History and future are connected with one another, due to the modern styling of this unique restaurant. Jacob Jan Boerma is the Signature Chef of Restaurant The White Room*. The team that carries out his vision in Amsterdam is led by Chef de Cuisine Tristan de Boer and Maître Bram Hommes.
What your journey at Krasnapolsky will look like day-to-day
The Chef de Partie will report directly to the Chef de Cuisine. You will be responsible for overseeing assigned kitchen stations to ensure consistency of preparation according to the recipes of Signature Chef Jacob Jan Boerma, and product quality which is in line with The White Room concept. In this role, you will supervise the assigned station and colleagues concerning the quality of food products and preparations according to the predefined quality standards.
As Chef de Partie of the White Room you will be responsible for the following:
- Training colleagues concerning product knowledge, preparation and presentation of dishes
- Following the recipes and taking into account waste management and breakage
- Ensuring that all stations are clean and tidy at all times and that all colleagues work according to hygiene and health & safety standards
What we wish you will bring with you
- Preferably work experience in a similar establishment, preferably Michelin star or fine dining restaurants
- Experience in working according to kitchen hygiene activities and health and safety standards
- Creativity, a hands-on mentality and eagerness to exceed expectations
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language, Dutch is a preference.
Some extras to make the journey exceptional
As part of the Minor Hotel Group, we understand that people make the difference and this is reflected in our excellent employment conditions! In addition to working in the most iconic hotel in Amsterdam with the nicest colleagues, we offer you the following benefits:
- Unique in the hotel industry: an end-of-year bonus for every employee equal to minimal 75% of a gross monthly salary.
- Signing bonus of €250 gross after 3 months of employment and €500 gross after 12 months of employment.
- Special team member rates in more than 500 Minor & NH Hotels worldwide
- A great discount of 50% on the F&B concepts of 16 hotels in Amsterdam
- Friends & Family rate; spoil your friends with discounted rates in our hotels all over the world
- An experience stay at Anantara Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky Amsterdam
- Keep developing yourself? Do it at our own NH University!
- Management programs to support your way to the top
- We care about your health and therefore offer discount on a collective health insurance, a bike plan and discount on various gyms in your city
Still excited and ready to start your journey at Anantara Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky Amsterdam? Do not wait any longer and send your CV and motivation letter to Susan Vrielink via firstname.lastname@example.org