August 09, 2022
Where your journey will take place
In April 2016, Jacob Jan Boerma opened his restaurant The White Room in Anantara Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky Amsterdam, which was honored with its first Michelin star in 2017! The fine dining restaurant will seat 60 guests for both lunch and dinner. The name The White Room is derived from the historical name of the room ‘De Witte Zaal’, the name that was given to the restaurant when it first opened in 1885. The room is listed as a monument and is considered to be the oldest restaurant of Amsterdam in original condition. History and future are connected with one another, due to the modern styling of this unique restaurant.
What your journey at Krasnapolsky will look like day-to-day
The Chef de Parti will report directly to the Chef de Cuisine. You will be responsible for overseeing assigned kitchen stations to ensure consistency of preparation according to the recipes of Signature Chef Jacob Jan Boerma, and product quality which is in line with The White Room concept.
In this role, you will supervise the assigned station and colleagues concerning the quality of food products and preparations according to the predefined quality standards.
As Chef de Partie of the White Room you will be responsible for the following:
- Training colleagues concerning product knowledge, preparation and presentation of dishes
- Following the recipes and taking into account waste management and breakage
- Ensuring that all stations are clean and tidy at all times and that all colleagues work according to hygiene and health & safety standards
What we wish you will bring with you
- Preferably work experience in a similar establishment, preferably Michelin star or fine dining restaurants
- Experience in working according to kitchen hygiene activities and health and safety standards
- Creativity, a hands-on mentality and eagerness to exceed expectations
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language, Dutch is a preference
Some extras to make the journey exceptional
As part of the Minor Hotel Group, we understand that people make the difference and this is reflected in our excellent employment conditions! In addition to working in the most iconic hotel in Amsterdam with the nicest colleagues, we offer you the following benefits:
- Unique in the hotel industry: an end-of-year bonus for every employee equal to a gross monthly salary
- Signing bonus of €250 gross after 3 months of employment and €500 gross after 12 months of employment
- 400 hotels worldwide where you can make use of the employee rate for an overnight stay & on our F&B concepts
- A great discount of 50% on the F&B concepts of 16 hotels in Amsterdam
- Friends & Family rate; spoil your friends with discounted rates in our hotels all over the world
- Welcome @ Work after completing the probation period: to enjoy a real guest experience you can stay one night in our hotel
- Challenging exchange programs to expand your NH Borders
- Keep developing yourself? Do it at our own NH University!
- Management programs to support your way to the top
- Colleagues in 40 countries worldwide, a great way to expand your network!
- Are you working on a public holiday? Thank you! You will get a free day in return
- We care about your health and therefore offer discount on a collective health insurance, a bike plan and discount on various gyms in your city
- Priority on all vacancies within the Minor Hotel Group
Still excited and ready to start your journey at Anantara Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky Amsterdam? Do not wait any longer and send your CV and motivation letter to Tessa Karthaus via firstname.lastname@example.org